I am sure that the first time I heard the phrase, "patience is a virture" was from my mom. With all the things that go on in our lives, I am sure I uttered the phrase "i can't wait for" many times. I definately hear it from my kids often, especially at this time of year. They can't wait for school to be out and they can't wait for Christmas. I can't blame them, both things are worth getting excited about. In addition to them verbalizing their thoughts, my daughter really enjoys counting down the day until the time arrives. She has even taken it to the point of using post-in notes on the refridgerator and tear one down each day. I love their passion, enthusiasm and the ability to get excited about upcoming events.
As hard as it is for them and as it was for me to wait patientially for a holiday, vacation, visit to see friends and family or just for the weekend to come, nothing has been harder than the wait on the job front. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed the quiet time to be around my family, but unless I win the lottery I know that this can't last. This is not the time that many companies are hiring and so there are not many listings and not much activity. Waiting and being patient is hard. Fortunately, I have had some opportunities present themself, but even the waiting between an interview, email or phone call can be excruciating. Did you say the right things, have the right experience, know the right people? All this runs through your mind on a daily basis, especially knowing that at some point you will have to pay for insurance, make sure there is money for food, rent, and utilities.
I know that that time of taking any job has not yet come, but I know it is out there somewhere in a month or two. But i also know that it is important to have patience and make sure an opportunity is the right opportunity and be sure that we don't jump on something that causes more chaos in the family. I know that the right job is out there that will be right for me and for the family. So I will maintain my patience.
Until that time comes, I will be sure to enjoy every day, continue to work to find opportunities, network with friends and collegues, and celebrate the holidays. Maybe the best way to display patience is to enjoy the moment, live in the moment and know that things will happen when they should. I won't waste time worrying about what I can't control and know that it will all happen in due time. There will be no post-it's on the refridgerator and no worrying about that future date and when will a company follow-up, there will only be working my plan and enjoying the time. Have a wonderful holiday season and I wish you all the patience to enjoy the time!
No comments:
Post a Comment